Once a month the Centre provides to its clients a kit of non-perishable food along with some fruits, vegetables and breads.
Clients may take 10 clothing items per month per person, provided that the total amount does not exceed 40 items for a family with 4 or more. Clients may visit the Clothing Department more than once a month. A nominal fee of $2.00 is due for every visit.
Other Household Items
The Centre has a very limited supply of household items (plates, glasses, books, small electrical devices, shoes, etc.) that are given free of charge to our clients. Some items are sold for a nominal fee which helps the Centre defray some of its costs.
Apart from its regular programs, the Centre also runs some seasonal programs such as:
- Summer Camp – the Centre provides the financial resources to send some of the children of its registered clients to summer camp.
- Backpack Program – the Centre provides backpack for children of its registered clients at the beginning of the school year. This program is limited to children from senior kindergarten to age six.
- Christmas Toys – at Christmas time the Centre provides registered clients with toys for their children ages 0-12.
- Gift Certificates – at Christmas time the Centre provides a limited number of gift certificates for its registered clients.
Health Related Programs
The Centre partners with other ministries/groups that help people address health-related issues such as:
- Smoking Cessation
- Grief Recovery
- Depression Recovery
Holiday Season Schedule (Christmas and New Year)
- Presently, the Centre is taking the names of children for the Christmas toys distribution. Parents of children who are ten years older or younger, can approach the Centre and apply for the toy distribution that will take place on December 13.
- Note: The Centre will be closed for the holidays (Christmas and New Year) as follows:
- The Centre will be open on December 12 for food and clothing.
- On December 13 it will be open only for clients who have been promised Gift Cards and Toys.
- From December 14 to January 16, the Centre will be closed.