ACS Summer Closing
ACS will be closing for Summer 2022 Vacation as of July 15. The Food Bank will reopen on August 17, while the Clothing Bank will reopen later on August 23.
ATTENTION: All deliveries will be stopped after August 17, 2022
ACS Operating Schedule During the Pandemic
The Clothing Bank
- Those interested in accessing the “Clothing Department” need to call in advance and leave their “Name” and “Phone Number.” They will be later contacted and assigned a “Time Slot”.
- On Tuesday from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, the Clothing department will be open to serve ONLY those who made prior reservation and have been assigned a “time slot”.
The Food Bank
- The Food Bank will be taking orders based on phone messages received before Tuesday at 6 pm. The orders will be prepared on Wednesday for Thursday.
- The food bank will be open to the public on Thursdays 9:30 am – 2:00 pm for those who have previously placed an order based on the assigned time slot.
The Adventist Community Services Centre (also known as ACS Centre) is part of the “Ministry of Compassion” of the College Park Seventh-day Adventist Church in Oshawa. The Centre functions as a food and clothing bank and also provides other useful items to help improve the lives of many people in need.
Mission – To provide food, clothing and a variety of household items free of charge to people in need who live in Oshawa and Courtice. To serve our community without regard to nationality, religion, ethnicity or gender.
Goal – To provide each client with safe and nutritious food once a month.
Note: The Operating Hours below are temporarily suspended.
- Wednesdays 12:30 to 3:00 pm.
- Thursdays 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Address: 1170 King Street East, Oshawa, ON L1H 1H9
Email: [email protected]
Requirements to access Centre services:
- Be a resident of Oshawa or Courtice
- Present a photo ID
- Provide ID for each family member
- Provide a proof of income
Documents accepted as proof of income:
- Government pension stub
- Ontario Works
- Employment Insurance pay stub
- Disability income pay stub (OSD slip)
- Bank statement showing income deposited directly into the bank account