Adventist Community Services Centre – A Beacon of Hope
The Adventist Community Services Centre (also known as ACS Centre) is part of the “Ministry of Compassion” of the College Park Seventh-day Adventist Church in Oshawa. The Centre functions as a food and clothing bank and also provides other useful items to help improve the lives of many people in need.
Mission – To provide food, clothing and a variety of household items free of charge to people in need who live in Oshawa and Courtice. To serve our community without regard to nationality, religion, ethnicity or gender.
Goal – To provide each client with safe and nutritious food once a month.
- Wednesdays 12:30 to 3:00 pm.
- Thursdays 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Note: The Centre will be closed for the holidays (Christmas and New Year) as follows:
- The Centre will be open on December 12 for food and clothing.
- On December 13 it will be open only for those that have been promised Gift Cards and Toys.
- From December 14 to January 16, the Centre will be closed.
Address: 1170 King Street East, Oshawa, ON L1H 1H9
Email: [email protected]
Requirements to access Centre services:
- Be a resident of Oshawa or Courtice
- Present a photo ID
- Provide ID for each family member
- Provide a proof of income
Documents accepted as proof of income:
- Government pension stub
- Ontario Works
- Employment Insurance pay stub
- Disability income pay stub (OSD slip)
- Bank statement showing income deposited directly into the bank account