Adventist Community Services Centre – A Beacon of Hope
Note: The Centre will be closed for the holidays (Christmas and New Year) as follows:
- The Centre will be closed from December 18, 2020 until January 13, 2021
- The opening time information below (created during the pandemic) as well as the normal Operating Hours also found below are thus suspended until January 13, 2021.
Due to COVID-19, our programs and services (Food & Clothing bank) are temporarily closed to the public. It is not easy to predict how long these measures will remain in effect; however, our ACS will continue to align our operational decisions with the directives of the government and health authorities.
We will reopen as soon as it is safe and possible to do so.
In the mean time, we are responding to emergency cases only. If you’re in desperate need of food items, please call on Wednesdays from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm . The food will delivered to your house the following day (Thursdays between 2:00 to 5: pm). You can also call on Thursdays from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, however if you call on Thursdays, you will receive food ONLY the following week. Thank you and we hope to see you soon.
Note: The Operating Hours below are temporarily suspended.
The Adventist Community Services Centre (also known as ACS Centre) is part of the “Ministry of Compassion” of the College Park Seventh-day Adventist Church in Oshawa. The Centre functions as a food and clothing bank and also provides other useful items to help improve the lives of many people in need.
Mission – To provide food, clothing and a variety of household items free of charge to people in need who live in Oshawa and Courtice. To serve our community without regard to nationality, religion, ethnicity or gender.
Goal – To provide each client with safe and nutritious food once a month.
- Wednesdays 12:30 to 3:00 pm.
- Thursdays 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Address: 1170 King Street East, Oshawa, ON L1H 1H9
Email: [email protected]
Requirements to access Centre services:
- Be a resident of Oshawa or Courtice
- Present a photo ID
- Provide ID for each family member
- Provide a proof of income
Documents accepted as proof of income:
- Government pension stub
- Ontario Works
- Employment Insurance pay stub
- Disability income pay stub (OSD slip)
- Bank statement showing income deposited directly into the bank account